VISOR: Virtual Images Management Service for Cloud Infrastructures
VISOR, which stands for Virtual Images Service Repository, is an open source project whose main goal is to achieve an agnostic service for managing virtual machine images among different cloud offers.
- Open Source: Community-driven, everyone is welcome to contribute and make suggestions to improve the system.
- Multi-Interface: Provide access through more than one interface.
- Modular: Designed and implemented in a modular way, so all subsystems are isolated and can be easily customized and extended.
- Extensible: Provide to the community a way to add new extensions to it, or rely on it to build new tools.
- Flexible: Install with minimal setup operations and strategically close to the needed resources.
- Scalable: Designed from bottom to top with scalability in mind.
- Multi-Format: Compatibility with multiple disk and container formats of virtual machine images.
- Cross-Infrastructure: Multi-infrastructure and unified image management service, sitting in the middle of different IaaS.
- Multi-Storage: Compatibility with popular cloud storage systems.
License & Copyright
VISOR is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License v3.